There are so many people who did piano lessons, gave it up for some reason, but would love to start playing that piano again. Are you one of them?
Are music lessons for kids, only ?
It is a mistake and a myth to believe that piano lessons are only for kids. There are so many adults who keep expressing regret of not being able to play, or of forgetting their piano skills. There are also adults who urge their children to take up piano lessons, forcing them to practice, when the desire to express the music coming from within is really their own. Let’s cancel the myth right now and look at the reasons why an adult should take up music lessons.
The approach is different
- Music is all about patterns, and how the application of these patterns produce beautiful progressions and melodies. Whereas a child will take years to learn, adults grasp the concepts much quicker and are able to advance in a short time.
- What turns many kids away from music lessons, is the routine of doing all these exercises of scales and chords and playing songs that they hardly know.
- Adults know hundreds of songs and many genres of music and can therefore tell the tutor what they want to learn to play. After all , it is a waste of time playing for years and you are still not able to play the songs you love.
- In general, adults don’t need to be going to music lessons for years. An adult who has mastered the basic skills and can play 10 of their favourite songs, can help themselves to learn more.
- Musical scores are less of a challenge.
Benefits of starting a piano program right now
- When one learns music theory and the basic finger skills on a piano, any other instrument will be easy. So if you decide to change your instrument, you are well on your way
- Music has evolved from just live performance into recording, sync placement in TV and film and large industries have emerged opening the markets for jingles and commercials, and the money is good. Become a producer.
- In the past people learned to play only on an accoustic piano. Today, there are hundreds of electronic keyboards that cost less, and contain lots of features in sound and rhythm accompaniment. Practicing can now be a joy, rather than drudgery.
Other benefits of learning to play
Adults who play, even at the intermediate level, have been shown scientifically to possess a superior quality life when compared to those who don’t:
- Music strengthens memory and reading skills
- Playing piano increases blood flow to the brain
- Practicing heightens the senses because you are using hearing, vision and touch
- As we age , responses tend to get slower. Playing music improves reaction time.
- It helps the brain recover from injury
- It is one skill that you can use until very old.
It touches your soul
In playing and singing, the emotions are involved and the soul is energized in various ways. You are happy. You can play your meditation melodies. You can play “Happy Birthday” and sing along with friends. You can create, by writing lyrics and melodies to make your own original song. You can appreciate the music of others because you have come to know exactly what is going on in the song.You are just a better person because learning the rules helps you express the fine musician that you are.
There is no need to sit in regret and think that as an adult, your piano days are in the past. They are right here waiting for you to get moving. Are you ready ?
Learn more: https://mypianohobby.com/